Detoxify Your Body With These Amazing Super Foods
Published On: 22 Aug 2023 Updated On: 18 Sep 2023
Admit it, we all love junk foods, frozen desserts, and many more such food items. I am not pointing it out to stop eating those completely but such kinds of food are not good for our health. It brings in multiple problems and causes problematic diseases inside our bodies. But these can be tackled by following diet plans and eating habits which are not just trendy but also scientifically approved along with doctor recommendations. One of them is the detox food. Detox food doesn’t necessarily reduce your weight all at once, but consumption of these regularly will keep your body in perfect condition, avoiding all the problems.
There is a great need to detoxify the body where fast food consumption is high and quick burnout is even higher. The detoxification of the body or in short the detox regime differs some one person to the other depending on their body requirements & other criteria. So, what is actually a detox food? Detox food, in general, refers not just to one type of food but is usually a combination of different types of food in your diet to neutralize all the toxins present in your body. These contain antioxidants, prebiotics, fibers, hydrates, and cardiovascular friendly.
That being said, let us take a look at the list of food that is commonly used for the detoxification of the whole body that will leave you feeling lighter and fresher within a week of incorporating those in your daily diet plan.
This is a staple of many detox diets and the reason is the richness of antioxidants present in these. Lemon is a citrus fruit and thus a rich source of antioxidants and Vitamin C. It even helps in the clarification of the free radicals that result in the cause of several diseases. Which in turn magnifies your immunity to another level.
Lemon is exclusively known for its detoxifying properties and it effectively detoxifies your blood, kidney, and liver, removing all the toxins out of your body.
How to include Lemon in your Daily Routine
- Take a glass full of warm water. Don’t heat it at a high temperature or never consume boiling water.
- Squeeze a few drops of lemon into the glass containing water.
- This will leave you feeling energized and refreshed for the rest of the day.
Yes, it is not a detox food but no diet or eating is complete without the consumption of essential liquids that helps in smoother digestion. Green tea is an antioxidant-rich liquid food that is heavily known for its weight loss properties. It is enriched with various other properties apart from weight reduction. Green tea plays a crucial role in flushing out the toxins accumulated in your liver caused by the consumption of fast food, alcohol, and other harmful substances that enter our bodies.
Research has seen that consumption of green tea can keep you away from harmful liver diseases including fatty liver disease.
How to include Green Tea in your Daily Routine
- Prepare a cup of green tea and have it in the morning on your empty stomach.
- It gets rid of those annoying toxins and stimulates digestion in your body.
Ginger is extremely beneficial for your digestive tract. It aids with ailments such as nausea and prevents bloating by improving your digestive system and overall digestion in your body. Accompanied with antioxidants, this superfood is a must in your diet as it is valuable in contributing to healthy digestion in your body. It even reduces the gas formation in your body which prevents stomach ache. It is good for boosting your immune system. This helps in metabolism, boosts your liver functioning, and improves circulation & sweating.
How to include Ginger in your Daily Routine
- One of the best ways to use ginger is to add ginger to your tea and have a cup of it.
- You can even use freshly grated ginger in your regular fruit or vegetable pulp or juice.
- If these things are not up to your taste, then you might switch to ginger honey which tastes delicious and helps in the maintenance of your weight.
Being the richest source of potassium, beetroot acts as a natural blood purifier in your body. This is a quick healthy shot of nutrients if you are ever in need of it. Additionally, it is packed with magnesium and vitamin C which promotes detoxification in your body. It also helps in lowering blood pressure, improving muscle stamina, and helps in maintaining a healthy weight.
Even blood detoxification capsules contain beetroot as their primary ingredient due to its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Not just liver detoxification, it even helps with cholesterol levels, better skin, and great hair as well.
How to include Beetroot in your Daily Routine
- Eating a raw (peeled) beetroot or as a snack by boiling it is the best way to consume the beetroots in your day-to-day diet.
- You can even lookup for beetroot smoothies and try them out as they can be a great way to include them in your diet regime.
- Recipes with beetroot can also serve the same purpose and this provides creative solutions.
Garlic is another superfood that is infused with antiviral, antibiotic, and antibacterial properties. It immediately boosts the production of white blood cells and thus promotes immunity in your body. Apart from detoxifying your body, a piece of garlic would neutralize all the toxins present in your body and stimulates the allicin production in your body.
It supports the immune system and this pungent food is known for its detoxifying properties all over. The liver must neutralise toxins with sulphur until it is excreted in a process called sulfation. To smoothen this process, the consumption of garlic is much needed in your diet.
How to include Garlic in your Daily Routine
- Add raw, crushed garlic to your salads, or eat it raw while having a meal. Three cloves of garlic per day is enough to detoxify your body for the day.
- This is also an essential ingredient for most Indian dishes, especially curries, and other food preparations.
- Boost your health with a clove of garlic each day.
Every Indian household is aware of turmeric and its benefits on health and exterior. It is the common and most used ingredient found in almost every house in India. It is one of the best spices to include in your diet as it consistently improves your heart health and delays the signs of Alzheimer’s, and many other neurological conditions.
Turmeric has antioxidant properties that boost health, heal ailments, enhance skin, and promote weight loss & aid in digestion. In Ayurveda, this spice is valued a lot for its staggering medicinal properties. It gets rid of the harmful compounds present in the liver.
How to include Turmeric in your Daily Routine
- For improved immunity and promote weight loss, a teaspoon full of turmeric powder mixed in a glass of warm water will do the trick.
- A tablespoon of turmeric powder is enough to set your insides right for the whole day.
Cabbage is a great source to reduce weight and get in shape very quickly. However, it is not only a good source of reducing weight but acts as a great detoxifying food material as it helps in fighting against the toxins present in the body with the element called sulforaphane present richly in cabbages. A very important chemical ‘glutathione’ that improves the detoxifying function of the liver is also present in the cabbages.
How to include Cabbage in your Daily Routine
- You can use cabbages as a filling inside rotis or chapatis you make along with grated ginger.
- Cabbages can be utilized in salad dressing as a primary ingredient and consumed in this manner.
- Cabbages can be fermented and used as a pickle as well which adds lots of flavor to your diet.
Commonly known as ‘Doodh Patra’, milk thistle is a great detoxifying agent that helps in the detoxification of the liver and gallbladder. It effectively protects your liver against hepatitis, jaundice, and other chronic diseases by battling the free radicals present in the liver. This is the reason why it is a vital component in liver detox supplements.
How to include Milk Thistle in your Daily Routine
- If the ingredient is not available in your local market, then go for supplements containing milk thistle extract.
- These are a good start to onboard them in your diet as it is proven to be a great detoxifier in your system.
- It is enriched with therapeutic properties for both physical and mental health.
This fruit is filled with anti-oxidants which play a vital role in improved digestion and fight against free radicals. This fruit is rich in nutrients. About 20 nutrients present in avocados help to prevent the risk of obesity, diabetes, and heart disease. The minerals present in avocados help to detoxify your body overall. It boosts satiety in the body and prevents eye disease.
Infused with the richness of fiber, healthy fats, and vitamins C, E, & B6, avocados are good for your health and even help you with Alzheimer’s disease.
How to include Avocado in your Daily Routine
- These can be consumed alone or added to dishes but there are plenty of ways to enjoy these fruits including sweet dishes.
- These can be transformed into fruit smoothies or added as a dressing for fruit tacos.
- These serve as a better substitute for butter while baking which delivers the same texture and taste as the baked product with butter but with effectively fewer calories.
Adding steamed artichoke to your diet helps to get your body on track if you have accidentally a whole lot of fatty foods and alcohol. Globe artichokes are a rich source of antioxidants and fiber that helps in the digestion of fatty foods. Global artichoke is proven to detoxify your liver and improve its functionality over time.
It even eases the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome and lowers the blood sugar level. It may even reduce the risk of cancer effects and actively regulates blood pressure.
How to include Artichoke in your Daily Routine
- These can be steamed, boiled, roasted, grilled, or sauteed. They can also be used as a stuffing or can be breaded as per your choice.
- Both the leaves and the heart can be eaten without any problem. Once cooked, the leaves are peeled and can be dipped in aioli oil or herb butter.
- Once the leaves are completely peeled off, scoop out the fuzzy substance called choke until you reach the heart and gently take out the heart.
- Eat it alone or eat it with pizza or salad dressing.
Broccoli is yet another food containing sulforaphane that boosts the immunity of your body. These contain a range of antioxidants that prevent any kind of cell damage and reduce the risk of cancer. Broccoli boosts your immune health effectively and reduces the risk of diabetes. Not just these, it even improves your skin condition.
Broccoli boosts your bone health and is anti-inflammatory protecting against free radicals present in your body.
How to include Broccoli in your Daily Routine
- Make sure to choose pieces of broccoli that are tight and firm to the touch.
- Since it is a good source of vitamin K, these are easy to roast, steam-fry, pan-fry, and can be a good component in salad dressing alongside hummus.
‘An Apple a day keeps the doctor away.’ This proverb is popularly known and is recited throughout the years and is true. Packed with fibers, apples are rich sources of pectin, which deeply cleanses the intestinal tract of our body. Apples are known to clean the accumulated toxins and undigested food particles present in your body and thus detoxify your body completely.
It is essential to include a variety of fibers in our regular diet to optimize and boost detoxification. Apples are packed with anti-inflammatory properties and contain phytochemicals that promote heavy metal and radiation detoxification.
How to include Apples in your Daily Routine
- Apples can be chopped into tiny slices and used as an ingredient in salad dressing with various fruits and vegetables.
- Prepare apple-baked products using apples as the primary component.
- Eating it raw after washing it with clean water and removing the seeds present inside.
From ancient times, this superfood is known for being an aphrodisiac because it is used to cleanse the urinary tract and neutralize excess ammonia present in your body which can cause fatigue. It actively boosts your energy because of its high anti-inflammatory nutrients presence in it. The glutathione present in Asparagus is a popular antioxidant and promotes detoxification. It is even a great source of fiber and vitamins such as vitamins A, C, E, and K. These superfoods are highly beneficial for people with high blood pressure.
Asparagus is well-known to avoid the risk of cancer of various organs by destroying the carcinogens present in the cells.
How to include Asparagus in your Daily Routine
- These can be used in various dishes including salads, stir-fries, boiling, grilling, steaming, roasting, and sautéing.
- Asparagus can be even used in frittatas, and omelets, and are an excellent side dish.
- These are extremely affordable in the local market.
As you all know that rice is a universal food consumed by almost 70% of people globally. Brown rice is a power pack of outer grain kernel and barn along with the germ (which is the nutrient core) in a single grain as stated by the Harvard School of Public Health. Due to its high fiber content, brown rice has less impact on the insulin level compared to white rice.
The specialty of brown rice is that this rice deeply cleanses your body without starving it. Eating this helps you avoid various other food substances such as sugar and alcohol as well. This helps in releasing harmful toxins allowing your cells to open up and release the stored toxins from your body into the bloodstream, finally disposing it out through the urinary tract or bowel movement.
How to include Brown Rice in your Daily Routine
- Wash the rice grains thoroughly and then boil the rice in a ratio of 2:1.
- After boiling, drain the water from the rice and let it settle down for a while.
- You can have this with other side dishes or with a main course.
These are the powerhouse of fibers that keep most diseases at bay and out of reach. Flaxseeds are a mix of nutrients that helps in the internal cleansing of your body. It is incorporated with both soluble and insoluble fiber in it. These promote and improve bowel movement by smoothening it. Flaxseeds promote the prevention of the absorption of cholesterol from the colon.
These prevent the risk of cancer-causing cells and improve digestion. These can be easily incorporated into your diet. These are usually yellow or brown and are easily available in the market.
How to include Flaxseeds in your Daily Routine
- Add a tablespoon of flaxseed to your hot or cold cereal mixture.
- Add a teaspoon of flaxseed in mayonnaise or mustard when preparing a sandwich dressing.
- Mix a tablespoon of flaxseed into yoghurt.
- Bake ground flaxseeds into cookies, muffins, cakes, and other delicious baked goods.
Other Things You Can Do To Maximise Your Body Detoxification
Typically, a full-body detox involves following a certain diet regime to neutralize and remove all the toxins present in your body. But even without the intervention of diet supplements or a healthy diet regime, your body is capable of fighting and detoxifying on its own.
Limit your drinking of alcohol
The liver only metabolizes 90% of the total alcohol you consume. These metabolize alcohol to acetaldehyde which is a cancer-causing toxin. Identifying it as a toxin by your liver converts it into a harmless substance called acetate and then releases it. Which is further eliminated from your body sooner or later. While studies have shown low to moderate consumption of alcohol is good for the heart, excessive consumption may cause many severe health issues.
Excessive drinking can seriously affect your liver the fat build-up, inflammation, and scarring. With this, your liver cannot function adequately and would ultimately fail to function.
Focus on getting a proper sleep
Ensure you get a quality and adequate amount of sleep each night to support your body’s health and natural detoxification system. Sleeping is important as your brain recharges and reorganizes itself while you are sleeping. It even disposes of all of the waste accumulated in your body throughout the day.
If you deprive your body of sleep then your body won’t be having time to perform those functions properly which helps in the accumulation of toxins in your body that affects several aspects of health.
Drink Plenty of Water
Drinking plenty of water has much of benefits than just quenching your thirst. It regulates your body’s natural temperature, aids in digestion, lubricates joints, helps in the absorption of nutrients, and detoxifies your body by the removal of waste materials. Water transports all these waste products and toxins formed in your body either through urination, sweating, or breathing.
Water is a must for your body to be healthy and for detoxification by staying hydrated all the time. The average water consumption per day for women is 2.7 liters but it may vary depending on your diet, the place you reside, and the environment.
Reduce Your Intake of Sugar or any other Processed Foods
Consumption of sugary products or processed food promotes obesity and other chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. Heavy consumption of these may eventually hinder the body’s ability to naturally detoxify on its own by targeting the organs that play a vital role in detoxification, that is kidney and liver.
For example, having sugary beverages can cause fatty liver which has a negative impact on your liver. You can maintain your body’s detoxification by having less junk food and sugary products. Replacing junk food with healthier choices like fruits and vegetables is also a healthy way to reduce consumption.
Decrease your Salt Intake
Consuming too much salt can cause your body to retain excess fluids especially if you have kidney problems or liver issues or if you do not consume enough water. This excess fluid build-up can cause bloating and make clothing uncomfortable. If you think you have consumed too much water, then you can detoxify it yourself by drinking excess water.
While it may sound contradictory, improving your water intake is one of the best ways to remove excess water weight gained from consuming too much salt. By increasing water intake, your body reduces the secretion of the antidiuretic hormone responsible for extra water weight and increases urination eliminating more water, and more waste products.
Exercise Regularly and Stay Active
Regular exercise, despite the body weight, keeps your body healthy and active. Exercising is associated with prolonged life and reduces the risk of various ailments such as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, and certain types of cancer. It even promotes anti-inflammation.
With reduced inflammation, it improves the body’s detoxification system and thus protects your body against internal damage or shields against diseases.
Can detoxification of the body be done naturally or is it necessary to intake supplements and diet?
Detoxification of the body can be performed in both ways but natural detox is preferred over the intake of supplements or diet food.
What are the signs that notify you to completely detox your body?
Bloating, indigestion, acid reflux, gas, stomach ache, and constipation are some of the common symptoms pointing out the need for detoxification of your body.
What drinks help in flushing out the toxins from the body?
Lemon juice, coconut water, chia seed with aloe vera drink, and mint & cucumber detox drink are some of the drinks that promote digestion and flushing out of the toxins from the body.
What is the best detox food to have?
Asparagus, broccoli, grapefruit, avocado, artichokes, flaxseeds, brown rice, turmeric, ginger, etc are some of the best superfoods to detox your system.
What are some of the powerful detox for your body?
Garlic, beetroot, red cabbage, seaweed, blueberries, cinnamon, green tea, etc are some of the powerful detoxes that are good for your body.
What can be done to avoid the accumulation of toxins in the body?
Sleeping adequately and getting proper sleep, minimizing the intake of alcoholic stuff, drinking plenty of water, and regularly exercising are some of the ways that can be done apart from consuming superfoods to naturally detox your body.
You might also like
Sienna Miller Shows off Bare Baby Bump at Vogue World…
Home-made DIY Remedies for Natural Skincare
जी20 एम्पॉवर- आंकड़े भारतीय महिलाओं की रैंकिंग दर्शाते हैं