Assam Launches ‘Lakhpati Baideo’ To Empower 40 Lakh Women Entrepreneurs
Published On: 16 Jan 2024 Updated On: 16 Jan 2024
The Assam government launched a scheme aimed at empowering women called ‘Lakhpati Baideo.’ Assam’s Chief Minister, Himanta Biswa, unveiled this program and said that this scheme is launched to financially uplift up to 40 lakh women belonging to Self-help Groups for them to become rural micro-entrepreneurs. Upon the launch, he also said that this program will offer financial assistance of ₹35,000 for the eligible people to achieve an annual income of ₹ 1 lakh. He tweeted in X, formerly Twitter, regarding the same stating that this scheme will be a contribution to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s mission of making 2 crores ‘Lakhpati Didis.’
The Mukhya Mantri Mahila Udyamita Abhiyan scheme was implemented at an estimated cost of ₹ 4,000 crores. It is said that the said program will offer each Self-Help Group worker a sum of amount for over three years. The chief minister even said that this scheme is also a welfare scheme that promotes Assam’s population control measures. “All our welfare schemes will be linked to population control measures for the benefit of our mothers and sisters.”
To know the eligibility criteria of this scheme, the woman must meet the following three requirements, as per the chief minister’s statement. Only then you can proceed with the scheme.
- Beneficiaries belonging to the OBC categories should not have more than 3 children
- Beneficiaries belonging to the scheduled casts or scheduled tribes should not have more than four children.
- The following candidate aka the SHG worker must get their girl child admitted to a school and if the girl is underage they must sign a paper saying that the SHG worker would do so.
- The third condition states that the tree planted under the Amrit Brikhsya Andolan by the beneficiary must be alive and surviving.
- The next condition is that the SHG worker must submit a business plan that is approved or supported by the government.
To apply or register for this scheme,
- Application forms are available in the nearest Panchayat office and the forms are free of cost.
- These forms must be collected on the specified date itself as photostats of these are not accepted.
- After filling up the form, two types of Sankalp Patras must be submitted along with the form. The Sankalp Patras 1 and 2 states enrolment of the female child in the school and restricting the number of children respectively.
Benefits of this Scheme:
- ₹ 10,000 is provided to each member during the first year upon fulfilling the requirements.
- For the next two years, the beneficiary will receive an amount of ₹ 12,500 from the Government and ₹ 12,500 from the Bank which sums to ₹ 25,000.
- The amount received from the bank must be returned however the amount given by the Government is non-refundable.
- A total of ₹ 35,000 is given to every eligible woman which is cut into 3 parts for three years in their journey to become ‘Lakhpati Baideo.’
You might also like
Best Cooking Oil Brands in India
भारत में महिलाओं के लिए सर्वश्रेष्ठ परफ्यूम
Inbetweeners Star Emily Atack Confirms Her Pregnancy